top of page

Government Grants

If you are applying for a grant, please remember that Dale can:

  • Provide a letter of support, AND/OR

  • Act as a referee

Please contact the office for full details on how to arrange this.

Details of Queensland Government grants are available by clicking below:

On the above site, you can allocate preferences to ensure the grants shown are appropriate.

Information on grants from the Federal Government is available here:




Queensland Seniors Card

You can join more than half a million Queenslander Senior's already receiving discounts and special offers from thousands of businesses. Apply for a Senior's Card, Senior' Card +go, or a Senior's Business Discount Card today - it's free!

With a Senior's Business Discount Card, you can enjoy great savings and service at participating businesses right across Queensland. With a Senior's Card, you can access business discounts, as well as a range of generous concessions on government services and utilities including public transport.

With a Senior's Card +go, you have all the benefits of a Senior's Card, plus the ability to hold credit for travel on the south east Queensland TransLink network, including buses, trains and ferries - all with the one convenient card.

Apply on-Line here


Residency requirements:

To be eligible for Seniors Card, Seniors Card+go or a Seniors Business Discount Card, you must:

  • be a permanent resident of Queensland.

  • live in Queensland for at least 6 months of the year and your home address must be shown on your driver licence, or be registered as your home address with (at least) 1 of the following:

  • Electoral Commission of Queensland

  • Centrelink

  • Commonwealth Department of Veterans' Affairs

  • Age/work requirements

In addition to the residency requirements, you must also meet age/work requirements for each card type.

Seniors Card or Seniors Card+go

To be eligible for a Seniors Card or Seniors Card+go you must be:

  • 65 years or older and working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment



  • 60–64 years, working less than 35 hours a week in paid employment and the holder of one of the below:

  • Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card

  • Commonwealth Health Care Card

  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card

  • Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold, White or Orange card.

  • Seniors Business Discount Card

To be eligible for a Seniors Business Discount Card, you must be 60 years or older.

Proof of age and address

When you apply, you'll be asked to provide one of the numbers below:

  • your Centrelink customer reference number (CRN)

  • your Department of Veterans' Affairs file number

  • Queensland driver licence number

  • Queensland adult proof of age card number


You can provide an image or photocopy of your:

  • birth certificate

  • passport.

The name on your official document must be the same name used in your application.


Queensland Parliament Petitions

Petitioning is one of the traditional forms by which you can make requests direct to Parliament.

A Petition is a formal request signed by at least one person and placed before the Parliament with the object of persuading the Parliament to take some particular action. For example, a petition may request the alteration of the general law or the re-consideration of an administrative decision. You can make two different types of petitions:

An e-petition - on-line petitions must be lodged on the the Queensland Parliament website and sponsored by either a Member of Parliament or Clerk of the Parliament. If you would like to begin an e-petition and are seeking Dale's support, please contact our office on Freecall 1800 817 594 or email

Paper Petition - the Paper Petitions process is essentially the same petitions process that has been operating in Queensland for over 140 years. It involves a Paper Petition being circulated in the community for signatures and then lodged by a Member.

Please use the template 'petition' document when starting a paper petition as it MUST be in this format to be tabled. If you would like Dale to table your petition in Parliament, please contact our office (details above).


Seniors Card
bottom of page