top of page
What Dale can do to help you

As the State Member for Burdekin, Shadow Minister for Police and Corrective Services, Shadow Minister for Fire and Emergency Services, and Shadow Minister for Rural and Regional Affairs, Dale is keen to assist you with any issue or enquiry.

As a guide, here are the main areas of responsibility for State and Federal Government as well your local council:


Please contact the Burdekin Electorate Office on Freecall: 1800 817 594 or email for assistance with any State Government issues.  You can also use the "Contact Us" form on this website.

Congratulatory messages

If you, a relative or close friend is celebrating a significant birthday (90 or 100) or wedding anniversary (50, 60, 65 or 70) Dale can arrange for a congratulatory message to be sent. Please visit the Qld Government web portal to download the forms and return it them to our office via our email, fax (07) 4767 0509, or in person.

Queensland flags

Most organisations and not-for-profit or community groups, are eligible for a free Queensland flag. Those eligible include schools, tertiary institutions, Scouts, youth organisations, service associations such as Rotary and Lions, welfare and ethnic organisations, sporting clubs, historical societies, museums, show societies, local fire brigades etc.

Letters of support for grant applications

If you need a letter of support for your funding grant application, please contact the office with the details of your organisation’s application. For more details about Queensland Government Grants, see our page on Grants.

Queensland Parliament House tour bookings

Tours of Parliament House can be fun and informative, not just for school children but adults as well. BBQ s and morning teas can be arranged too. If you wish to organise a tour, please contact the Electorate Office. If Dale is in Parliament on the day he may be able to meet your group and make your visit even more informative. If you want to find more information directly from Parliament House please click visit the Queensland Parliament website.

Electoral enrolment

If you need to enrol to vote for the first time or you have changed addresses you will need to fill out an electoral enrolment form. Forms are available at the Burdekin Electorate Office or can be downloaded through the Australian Electoral Commission (AEC) website (you can also enrol online). The AEC manages enrolments in federal, state and local government elections.

Do you want to be a JP or Commissioner for Declarations?

Justices of the Peace and Commissioners for Declarations are highly-respected members of the community who play an important role in modern society. They are voluntary workers in Queensland’s legal system and perform a range of judicial and administrative functions. In a complex legal environment these people provide a variety of specialised services to the legal system and the Queensland public. Dale is able to nominate community members who wish to become JP's. Simply organise to meet Dale and bring your completed documents into the Electorate Office.

The duties of a JP (Qualified) are more onerous than those of a Commissioner for Declarations. If you would like more information please go to the Attorney-General and Justice website.

How to Find a JP

If you need the services of a JP, the Department of Attorney General and Justice  provides an on-line listing of JP's around Queensland.

JP's in the Community was launched in 2003 for Justices of the Peace (DPs) and Commissioners for Declarations (C.Decs) to volunteer their services at community venues across the state.

This program has grown rapidly to more than 160 sites throughout Queensland and around 2200 JP's and C.Decs volunteering their services to witness documents. This community service is a convenient way to obtain the signature of a JP or C.Dec.

JP's in the Community signing locations can be found at various venues throughout Queensland including:

  • major shopping centres

  • libraries

  • court houses

  • universities

  • hospitals

For more information on how Dale is working for the Burdekin electorate, please click below to subscribe to his newsletter.

The Last Word
bottom of page